Sunday, October 3, 2010

Multiple Personality Disorder?

When I took the enneagram test this weekend, it basically told me what I already knew from the beginning, that I have more than just one personality. My top scores were 8, 1, 2, and 5. 8 being the top score was Aggressiveness, with my second place being three personality types: perfectionist, helpfulness, and detachment.
 So basically, if anyone is unsure what a type 8 is I’ll sum it up for you. I am what one calls a control freak. If I see something that can be done better, I will take charge. Also I like people being straightforward with me, because I’m straightforward with them. In turn type 1 goes hand-in-hand with type 8. I love being organized and I can easily see how things can be done in a more efficient manor. Personality types 2 and 5 are what I’ll call my less domineering side. I tend to look at the world more objectively, and can see when others need my help, and I am usually able to help them. 
As I mentioned before, when I took this test I wasn’t surprised that I had more than just one personality. The test results showed that my top scores were only separated by a single point. Why aggressiveness scored higher by one point? I have no idea. Maybe it’s the mood I was in while I took the test, or maybe aggressiveness is my “true” personality. Who knows? Whatever the reason, I thought that this test was fairly accurate.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely opposite of control freak.. I'd rather have somebody give me some directions. Thats good that you have some leadership qualities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like an 8 to me, Connie!

    ReplyDelete